Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Director - Undergraduate Financial Aid|
The Director manages the financial aid and loan processes for the traditional undergraduate student population. This includes administrative and technical processing of Federal, State, outside and University financial aid awards and loans. Plans and administers the financial aid process to assist students in obtaining financial aid, scholarships and loans to help pay for their education. Works closely with Associate and Assistant Director of Financial Aid and the aid and loan officers to insure that all Federal and State regulations are adhered to in the UG office. Manages the NCAA compliance process for the University and institutional aid leveraging model.
* Bachelorís degree required. Masterís preferred.
* Five - eight years financial aid and loans experience a must.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Leads and directs the efforts of the Undergrad financial aid and loan staff to accomplish the financial aid/loan distribution, workload in a timely manner.
* Oversees the awarding, revising, editing and auditing programs to insure that Federal, State, Institutional, and outside aid regulations/policies are maintained. Prepares the financial aid department for the annual audit and program reviews.
* Oversees the Undergrad financial aid process, including dissemination of information, applications, needs-analysis, awarding, document scanning and tracking, and completion of aid packages, loan disbursement transferring funds, and training/staff development.
* Manages the Undergrad Scholarship budget.
* Manages the institutional aid leveraging model and recommends changes to meet the enrollment goals. Evaluates weekly reports to monitor the discount rate.
* Develops operational guidelines, procedures and timelines for the Undergrad financial aid staff and implements ideas, solutions and improvements as needed. Monitors accuracy of the financial aid staff, making work assignments and providing training as needed.
* Maintains direct responsibility for the financial award processing for Undergrad students. Works closely with the Undergrad financial aid staff in developing needs analysis policies and procedures. Resolves complicated needs-analysis situations.
* Manages the withdrawal and leaves of absence process. Works with the Associate Director of Financial Aid, Assistant Director of Financial Aid and the Financial Aid Officers to coordinate these activities.
* As a part of the Undergrad Enrollment leadership team, collaborates and sets objectives and goals for financial aid and loans; seeking to improve current processes to effectively serve students in making their educational goals a financial reality. Meets with the Leadership team to strategize and resolve problems that arise within the Department.
* Keeps current on all financial aid regulations and policies by subscribing to list servs, reading all material that is distributed, networking with financial aid professionals, and attending workshops/ seminars (CASFAA, NASFAA, WASFAA, CSAC, DOE, HESUA, USA Funds/Sallie Mae.).
* Keeps office compliant with Federal and State regulations and the Lender Code of Conduct.
* Coordinates with leadership team to improve current processes to effectively serve students and to provide good customer service within Financial Aid and Loans.
* Meets with students/parents to discuss specific financial aid concerns.
* Participates in various committees and other team meetings as assigned by the Associate Vice President.
* Monitors funding for the state Cal Grant program, Federal Work Study and Federal Pell Grant program.
* Monitors the federal Campus-Based Programs (Perkins, FSEOG, Federal Work Study) throughout the academic year, and completes the annual FISAP report.
* Ability to understand complex regulations for the State and Federal Governments.
* Adaptability and the ability to come up with solutions to complex problems on short notice a must.
* Working knowledge of integrated management information systems, Web Design and Microsoft Office software.
* Demonstrated success in working with a team and developing policies and procedures.
* Strong understanding of implementing new strategies and procedures.
* Ability to supervise, develop, and evaluate staff, and to foster a cooperative work environment.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.