Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Multiple Locations, US United States
|| Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Real Estate
Commercial Banking - Commercial Real Estate Summer Analyst Program|
The Commercial Real Estate (CRE) group at J.P. Morgan prides itself on leveraging its industry knowledge to offer best in class financial solutions across all major real estate asset types: multifamily, retail, office and industrial properties. We work with national and regional clients across the entire real estate sector, including developers, investors, owners, operating companies, investment funds, real estate investment trusts, and non-profit organizations. Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us develop the next wave of products and solutions for our clients. We’ll provide everything you need to be successful – from training and mentorship from senior leaders to projects that engage all your skills.
How we’re organized
Summer Analysts in CRE will work with a team of real estate professionals in our real estate businesses to deliver best-in-class financial solutions to help our clients achieve their financial goals. Real estate businesses include:
- Community Development Banking (CDB) – Provides financial solutions that support the growth of affordable housing and revitalization of low-and moderate-income communities across the U.S.
- Commercial Term Lending (CTL) – Provides commercial real estate owners and investors with term financing solutions for purchase or refinancing of stabilized industrial, retail, office, mixed-use and multifamily properties
- Real Estate Banking (REB) – Delivers commercial real estate and banking products to national and regional real estate developers, investors, Real Estate Operating Companies (REOCs), Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and opportunity and investment funds
- CRE Treasury Services (CRE TS) – Provides solutions for Real Estate clients to optimize efficiency, streamline processes and reduce the cost of critical treasury management functions including payables, receivables, information management, online banking, card and more
- CRE Digital – Supports Commercial Real Estate digital initiatives including creation of digital portal for supporting our lending businesses, treasury services and creation of a platform that will serve as the foundation for a digital CRE industry ecosystem, drawing together diverse stakeholders in the industry and leveraging the firms data and services at its core.
What to expect
Our 10-week CRE Summer Analyst Program consists of either a traditional core business track or a specialty digital track that begins with one week of orientation and training, giving you key practical and financial knowledge you’ll use throughout the summer. You’ll have opportunities to network with peers, work with colleagues and senior managers, and participate in training opportunities to sharpen your skills.
The traditional CRE business track will provide you with a valuable look into Commercial Real Estate as well as Commercial Banking as a whole. Assignments may include credit and financial analysis, researching industries and markets, preparing presentations, internal memos, pitch materials, and building financial models.
Upon successful completion of the traditional core business track, you may receive an offer to join our 2.5 year, full-time CRE Analyst rotational program. The program includes targeted Commercial Real Estate training paired with exposure to Sales/Originations, Credit, Portfolio Management, and Treasury within the aforementioned real estate businesses. The program provides Analysts with the ability to develop a strong foundation of analytical skills across a range of asset classes needed for a successful career in Commercial Real Estate.
The specialty CRE digital track will provide you with a unique opportunity to work closely with the Commercial Real Estate Digital team learning about design led innovation while utilizing best in class technology such as Kubernetes, micro services and micro frontends. Assignments may include creation of use cases for the platform, definition and feature prioritization, conducting user interviews, performing competitive research and building feature roadmaps.
Upon successful completion, you may receive an offer to join our 2.5 year, full-time CRE Digital Analyst program, in Palo Alto, CA. The program provides Analysts with the ability to work alongside CRE Digital influencing the digital roadmap for Commercial Real Estate.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Working on financial models to support financing transactions
- Assisting in the completion of credit approval memos
- Preparing marketing materials for use in client meetings covering topics such as financing alternatives and industry trends & analysis
- Developing an understanding of the full breadth of J.P. Morgan products and service offerings
- Influencing the digital roadmap for CRE by assisting in defining platform components
Locations we hire for:
- Los Angeles
- New York
Specialty Digital Track:
- Palo Alto
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse clients, customers and communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive and inclusive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
We will review applications as they are received and extend offers on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage that you apply early since programs will close as positions are filled.
After you click ‘Apply’, the first step of the process will be to create an account and complete our application.
Once you have submitted your application, you’ll receive an email invitation to complete a series of 12 games through the pymetrics platform.
Pymetrics will allow you to showcase your potential beyond what you tell us in your resume and application form. It’s an additional data point that helps us gain a better understanding of who you are as an individual. It should take no longer than 20-30 minutes to complete. If you have already completed the pymetrics games, you will have the opportunity to submit your gameplay results for this specific application without having to replay the games.
Your application will not be reviewed until you have completed the pymetrics games. We strongly encourage that you apply early since programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities
We are looking for individuals who have an interest in real estate and a desire to work with team members to build client relationships and provide exceptional client service. You’ll also have:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment
- Coursework in real estate, finance, accounting or economics a plus
- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
- Preferred GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
Please visit our employer showcase!