Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Multiple Locations, US United States
|| Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services
Global Finance & Business Management Analyst Program - Launching Leaders Undergraduate Experience|
Creating a diverse team is a critical part of our success. We are looking for people with different backgrounds and perspectives to help us grow and position our businesses for the future.
As part of our commitment to diversity, our Launching Leaders Program seeks to provide top college juniors who self-identify as Black, Hispanic or Native American the chance to begin their careers in our Global Finance & Business Management Analyst Program (GF&BM). Your participation could lead to an offer for the GF&BM Summer Program in 2020 and awards of up to $10,000.
As a junior offer-holder, you will receive a $7,500 award and an additional $2,500 award if you receive and accept a full-time offer.
What to expect
During our 2-day event, you will meet with and hear from senior speakers, take part in developmental workshops, and engage in panel discussions. All of this is designed to educate you about our program and the range of opportunities it provides. This Experience will prepare you for interviews by not only giving you the chance to learn about GF&BM and our recruiting processes, but also providing you with the platform to ask questions and network with current employees.
What is the GF&BM Summer Program?
This 10-week program delivers in-depth industry training, one-on-one mentorship and hands-on experience. You'll be placed as a member in one of the finance teams where you'll work in one of the following functional groups: Business Management, Controller, Financial Analysis, and Project Management. You'll work on critical initiatives for senior managers, supporting public filings and learning what it takes to close the books for the month or quarter. Top performers may receive a full-time opportunity at the end of the summer program.
- Business Management - Act as a trusted advisor to business and group heads by identifying, escalating and mitigating business risks and optimizing business performance by driving key initiatives.
- Controller – Responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of the financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle; performing critical reporting and controls functions for the organization, including legal entity, financial and regulatory and product valuation.
- Financial Analysis - Create meaningful analysis and reporting in support of our businesses. Coordinate with partners across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, creation, oversight and coordination of budgeting and forecasting.
- Project Management - Contribute to programs that are large scale and comprised of multiple projects and work streams. Initiatives drive cross line of business or firm-wide agendas for implementation of new regulations, standards or policies.
Locations you may join:
- Chicago, IL
- Columbus, OH
- Newark/Wilmington, DE
- Plano, TX
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who have a passion for analysis that will help drive strategic business decisions.
This role is a pipeline to our full-time Global Finance & Business Management Analyst Program, which is not eligible for employer immigration sponsorship. If you will require employer immigration sponsorship after completing your degree, you do not meet the basic requirements of this summer internship role.
Key skills and interests include:
- A well-rounded academic background – preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- Pursuing a B.A., B.S., or 5th year M.A. or M.S., with an expected graduation date between December 2020 and June 2021
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of financial statements, accounting procedures, internal and external reporting, and variance analysis
- A well-rounded academic background with an interest in financial management
- All majors considered with a preference for finance and accounting majors
- Excel, PowerPoint and Word proficiency
- Relevant internship experience and leadership in school or community organizations
The Launching Leaders Program is one of many Early Insight and recruiting opportunities that we offer at the Firm. Please visit our website https://careers.jpmorganchase.com/careers/programs to learn more about other programs, internships and general career opportunities that JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers students.
At JPMorgan Chase, we are creating positive change for the diverse clients, customers, and communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive and inclusive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you are passionate, curious, and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
We will review applications as they are received and extend offers on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage that you apply early since programs will close as positions are filled
Application Deadline: October 1, 2019
Application Process & Required Attachments:
After you click "Apply", the first step of the process will be to create an account and complete our application form.
1. Submit your résumé. Please save as a PDF file and with the following name format: Last Name, First Name - Resume
2. Ensure your candidate profile and all attachments (resume) are complete before submitting your application, as you will not be able to add attachments after you submit your application.
Once you have submitted your application form, you will receive an email invitation to complete a series of 12 games through the pymetrics platform.
Pymetrics will allow you to showcase your potential beyond what you tell us in your resume and application form. It is an additional objective data point that helps us gain a better understanding of who you are as an individual. This should take no longer than 20-30 minutes to complete.
Your application will not be reviewed until you have completed the pymetrics games. We strongly encourage that you apply early since programs will close as positions are filled. JPMorgan Chase embraces diversity and we are committed to offering equal opportunities to you throughout our application process. If necessary, accommodations for disabilities will be provided upon request and will not negatively impact your candidacy.
Notification and Interviews:
If selected to attend, you will be required to travel to our offices for the event. If needed, travel will be provided within the continental United States along with hotel accommodations.
Please visit our employer showcase!